In an effort to protect my intellectual property rights and at the same time share my blog with others, I have included this permissions policy on my site. The content on this site is copyrighted to me – except for guest posts which I didn’t write. The content is copyrighted in my name. Thank you for taking the time to read this policy and for complying to it. The internet is a wonderful place to share and work together.
Without my permission you are welcome and encouraged to:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2015, K.M. Stanley All rights reserved. Originally published at KristinaStanley.net.”
With my permission:
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-posting and translation rights:
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission; otherwise, I wouldn’t mind.
In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages. I don’t have the resources to validate the quality of the work. Also I have a translator that is working on my novels, and if I decide to convert the blog or posts into another language, my translator gets the first right of refusal.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. I cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
If you have some use for my content that is not covered here or have any questions, please email me.
Thank you to Michael Hyatt for providing the ideas for this page.