My owner, Kristina, has decided she doesn’t have time to write about me. She’s too busy writing her book. So . . . I’ve stolen her laptop and am going to write my blog. My paws are a bit clumsy, but I can do it. I know I can.
How do you like my hair cut above? Too short, I think. But it’s too hot in the Bahamas for me to have long hair. Plus, I get covered in sand and get itchy. I just wish Kristina had taken lessons in clipping my hair. Once she gave me a bald spot on top of my head. Good thing I’m a dog and don’t care.
So what’s in my grooming kit?
- Nail clippers (Kristina does this weekly so the quick recedes, and she doesn’t hurt me.)
- Large scissors
- Small scissors blunted at the end (for around my eyes and ears.)
- Toothpaste and brush (Not my favourite, but if I get an infection in my mouth, Kristina can clean it.)
- Clippers (For my winter haircut)
- Brush (One suited for my coat – you might be different and need a specific kind.)
- Ear cleaning fluid (I hate this, but I get ear infections from too much time in salt water and this prevents them.)
- Cotton swabs (For cleaning the inside of my ears without hurting me.)
- Conditioner (It’s embarrassing when she conditions my hair, but at least I smell nice.)
- Towels (So I don’t have to use human towels. They get testy about that. They also get annoyed when I’m wet and jump in their bed.)
Here’s what Kristina has already written about me. Lucky me – she may have given up writing my blog, but she does spend a lot of time getting my stuff ready for sailing.