Up on the hard, as they say. Mattina, our Lagoon 380, has been stored for the season.
Every year the list of tasks seems to get easier as we store and secure the boat for the summer.
The handy Excel spreadsheet seeps into every aspect of my life, including keeping track of boat tasks. We have a three page to-do list to remind us of everything that needs to be done.
Some of the important items that keep our boat in great condition include:
- Taking all sails and canvas down and storing below
- Flushing water maker
- Maintaining engines and genset
- Emptying food lockers, fridge and freezer (Get to eat everything left in one day)
- Washing all settee covers
- Plugging through hulls (don’t want any unwanted critters to get aboard)
- And on and on it goes…
It’s sad to put the boat away for the summer, but we look forward to getting back on board in the fall. The more we do in the spring, the easier it is in the fall when we are anxious to get going again.