Summer is here, and I love to be outside. Even, or maybe especially, when I’m writing. I don’t want to take the beautiful days for granted. Now some of my friends laugh when I say that because I spend winters in the Bahamas, but I grew up as a Canadian conditioned that summer days are precious and not to be wasted. Do we ever forget lessons drilled into us when we were children?
The computer is usually my place of writing. The words may work their way onto a piece of paper, but somehow the scene doesn’t seem written until I type it in. Maybe that’s weird, but hey, everyone should be allowed a little weirdness now and then.
Top 5 reasons to write with paper and pen:
- Practice spelling – no cheating with spell checker.
- Create scene descriptions through doodling and drawing.
- Make notes in side margins when an idea strikes.
- Don’t get interrupted by social media – no announcements of email, FB messages, etc to distract you.
- Burn paper if writing is really terrible – this is particularly satisfying.
Does your imagination get sparked by using a new medium?
Thanks for reading . . .