I’ve found a lot of joy over the years helping authors promote their books online. Now, I’ve expanded that to help authors learn how to do their own story edit. Some of you know I not only write books, but I’m also the CEO of Fictionary.co.
Fictionary is the first online tool for editing your story, not your words. Think characters, plot, and settings.
Fictionary is developed by writers for writers. That’s me 🙂 and indie author Michael Conn. Our third co-founder is Mathew Stanley – yup – my husband. He’s been my first reader and eagle-eye-editor for years.
Today, I’m thrilled to announce the Fictionary Story Editing Course.
Helping Authors Create Stories That Work
Fictionary Story Editing Course
This course will guide you through your manuscript with a scene-by-scene approach to editing. Fictionary focuses on the story, not the words.
- Lesson 1: How To Use Fictionary To Make Your Story Work
- Lesson 2: Characters And Novel Structure
- Lesson 3: How To Improve Your Plot
- Lesson 4: How To Improve Your Settings
- Lesson 5: How To Use Word Count To Evaluate Your Scenes
- Lesson 6: Connect Your Readers To Your Characters
- Lesson 7: Make The Most Of Your POV Characters
- Lesson 8: Story Arc And Engaging Your Readers
- Lesson 9: Finding Plot Holes
- Lesson 10: Draw Your Readers Into and Out of Each Scene
- Lesson 11: Maximize Your Use of Tension And Conflict
- Lesson 12: Check For An Empty Stage
- Lesson 13: Keep Your Timeline Clear
- Lesson 14: Bringing It All Together